Tuesday, November 1, 2011

September 17th through October 31st - 282nd day to 326 Day

Ok, I waited a while before I wrote on this.  Hunter won the $5.  Only two days elapsed between the time I wrote the blog and when he said, "Dad, show me the money!"  For the consolation prize, Jenny Jackson called two days after that.  Sorry Jenny!  Life has been GREAT at the Kimzey household.  We have traveled up to BYU every weekend but one so far in September and October.  We have BYU season tickets, so it's been fun to go up and watch the games, plus, we get the added benefit of getting to see Kaylee.  Nicole went all the way up to Idaho to see Amber in early October and had a blast.  I think Amber may be adopted!  She now has two dogs, and she is camping and shooting guns with her husband.  Next thing you know she'll be taking pictures in camo clothes and hanging deer antlers on her wall!  This week was Kaylee's 21st birthday, we drove up on Saturday, took her to Red Lobster with Grandma and Grandpa Burr, then we went to her concert.  I have a 21 year old?  Unbelievable, it seemed like yesterday I was 21 myself.  It was really fun to spend time with her though.   My girls are just so wonderful.   It's so fun to see what they're doing with their life.  It's also fun to be at home with the two boys.  I am blessed with fantastic children who love the Lord, and who love me.  Life is good.  Business has been profitable, but very busy.  It's also been too cold to ride in the morning, so I ride my bike into work at lunch, and then home for dinner.  It should help to keep me in shape during the holidays when I like to eat so much!

It's been an interesting year, trying to truly be kind to everyone.  Sometimes I slip up and am not so good.  Last week I even was angry with my wife because I was grumpy from work.  I felt horrible.  My wife should definitely not be one of the few people I get mad at during the year (it should only be customer service reps!)  Nicole is truly a great blessing in my life.

Well, I better get to work.  Let's make this a little exciting.  First one to call me and say these words, "The bald man is easily separted from his money!"  Gets $10!  I'm uping the stakes people.  I expect this time Hunter will probably take a few days, but hopefully some one else can win this time--maybe one of my college girls.

 

No comments: